Currently, I am professor for design management at the Berlin-based Mediadesign (MD.H), University of Applied Sciences. Prior, I worked as a post-doctoral research associate at the Department of Graphic Design and Visual Communication at the HMKW University of Applied Sciences, Berlin, Germany. I researched on the topic of critical design thinking; the findings are published in the peer-review journal Dialectic. I wrote my PhD thesis on the discursive nature of kitsch which has been published in German by Neofelis Press, Berlin. I also hold a Bachelor’s degree in media and communication studies along with a diploma in media arts. And, I was a co-founder of the socially-engaged art and design platform ufo-University (2009-2014).
Scholarships and distinctions
– Award for exceptional PhD theses (“summa cum laude”) from Martin-Luther University, Halle, Germany (2017)
– Travel Grant: German Academic Exchange Service, DAAD (2016)
– Travel Grant: Samuel H. Kress Foundation International (2016)
– Travel Grant: Historians of German, Scandinavian and Central European Art (2016)
– Research scholarship: Rosa Luxemburg Foundation (2011-2015)
– Study scholarship: Heinrich Böll Foundation (2007-2010)