Since 2018, I am professor for design management at the Berlin-based Mediadesign (MD.H), University of Applied Sciences. Prior to this, I worked as a post-doctoral research associate at the Department of Graphic Design and Visual Communication at the HMKW University of Applied Sciences, Berlin. I hold a B.A. in media studies, a diploma in media arts and received my PhD from the University of Halle-Wittenberg, Germany.
I teach, research, publish, and consult on the topics of strategic design and innovation with a focus on machine learning in design processes, on open innovation and co-creation, on design thinking, as well as on aesthetic theory and digital culture. I am co-founder of the Designing with Artificial Intelligence conference (2020) and the socially-engaged art and design platform ufo-University (2009-2014).
Scholarships and distinctions
– Award for exceptional PhD theses (“summa cum laude”) from Martin-Luther University, Halle, Germany (2017)
– Travel Grants from German Academic Exchange Service, DAAD (2016)
– Samuel H. Kress Foundation International (2016)
– Historians of German, Scandinavian and Central European Art (2016)
– Research scholarship: Rosa Luxemburg Foundation (2011-2015)
– Study scholarship: Heinrich Böll Foundation (2007-2010)